The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011, and paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as eligible for FSM in reception to Year 11. For looked after children the Pupil Premium was calculated using the Children Looked After data returns (SSDA903).
A premium has also been introduced for children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces. This service premium is designed to address the emotional and social well-being of these pupils. The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and it will be used by this school to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others by ensuring that funding reaches the pupils who need it most.
- The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils
- The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers
- As far as its powers allow the school will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between children eligible for Pupil Premium and others
- We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
- Pupil Premium will be clearly identifiable within the budget
- The Head Teacher in consultation with the governors and staff, will decide how the Pupil Premium is spent for the benefit of entitled pupils
- The school will assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils
- The school will be accountable for how it has used the additional funding to support the achievement of those pupils covered by the Pupil Premium and the Head Teacher will report to the governing body and parents on how effective the intervention has been in achieving its aims
- From September 2013, we will publish online information about how we have used the Premium
- We will ensure that parents, governors and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium
- We will seek to further develop strategies and interventions which can improve the progress and attainment of these pupils
- We will track the impact of the strategies put into place through the funding to ensure that we can show the value that has been added to the education of the entitled children
- We will monitor, evaluate and review the success of the impact of the pupil premium funding.
Please choose from the following options: